Resource File: Our Favorite Theoretical Excursions

July 26th, 2011 § 14 comments

Forsythia

On Fashion and the Academy:

A roundtable discussion on style and academe

Maintaining a blog as a grad student

Skinny Pants or Not: What Does A Teacher Wear?

On Fashion and History:

Post-colonialism and ‘safari’ style

On Belting and Corseting

On Gender, Sexuality, and Self-Fashioning:

On subversion and self-disclosure

Dressing as daily drag

J. Crew and gender bending outcries

Gendering with Jewelry

Jewelry as Sign

On Ethnicity and Self-Fashioning:

Being unrecognizably mixed-race

Dressing for cultural inclusion

Bodies and Perceived Ethnicity

Appropriate vs. Appropriation?

Pregnancy, Parenting and the Academy:

Pregnancy in Academia

The (public) pregnant body

Sartorial Semantics: Fashion and Words

Discussing “feminine” vs. “masculine” clothing part 1

“Feminine” vs. “masculine” clothing part 2

Slogan Ts

And finally, our general bibliography on fashion history and clothing as discourse.

§ 14 Responses to Resource File: Our Favorite Theoretical Excursions"

1. maryeb says:

Thanks for compiling this list. It includes some of my favorite posts, as well as some I missed. Either way I’ll enjoy going back and doing a bit of reading. You came up with some wonderfully thoughtful posts.

2. Kelly says:

Oh wow! I have some serious back reading to do! Although I do recall some of these discussions, some of the others look so interesting …

Kelly @
    Elegantly Academic

3. Barbara says:

Thanks so much for the compliation of theoretical excursions. Very interesting reading. I’ll miss your thought provoking posts very much!

4. Cathy says:

Thank you for compiling these posts. I am a relatively recent reader, and this will guide my exploration of what I’ve missed (and stretch out the leave-taking a bit).

I would also like to thank all of you for having taken on this blog. You have influenced me to be playful and take more risks in my own choices, as well as helping to train my eye. Plus I love what feels like a personal connection to all of you.

5. [...] Resource File: Our Favorite Theoretical Excursions [...]

6. Wtf says:

What a bunch of narcissistic tripe

7. Your article ยป Resource File: Our Favorite Theoretical Excursions academichic write very well, thank you share!

8. Top of pageResultsPatientsAmong a total of 239 patients with ependymal tumors enrolled in the studies during 1990 and 2000, we excluded tumors without sufficient pathological material (biopsies) or insufficient clinical data. The remaining 115 patients were included in the pathological review by all neuropathologists without knowledge of the clinical information. Tumors in patients older than 15 years,API RP 1109, supratentorial or spinal tumors, or consensus diagnoses other than classical Grade

9. Hardware and Software, Engineered to work together’ Oracle’s tagline says it all. K. For many people who have either been laid off from their job or are worried about the possibility of losing their job as a repercussion of downsizing from either a reduced federal budget or reduced income earned by a private sector business. If you are able to sleep more than 4 hours a day during drilling operations,UL 2353, than you are not being challenged. The situation we have today is one of artificially su

10. My company,ugg leather boots, if a homeowner calls me to teach them about their pool,ANSI B74.12-2001, I there for 15 minutes for free if they in my service area. You should clearly state the possible consequences of not conforming to the standards and guidelines listed in Objectives. 31 floods,ANSI B175.1-2000, there appeared to be no specific protocol or list of questions in place to know the urgency of the situation any one caller was facing. Danger decided to go the indie route by teaming up

11. UL 262 says:

Regarding acne in adults,, the situation is no different from acne in teenagers. The most effective acne treatments depend on the individual,UL 789, not the age. Adults may receive the same form of acne treatment as teenagers. Stem cells that are pluripotent have the capability of forming virtually all the possible tissue types found in human beings. These cells can only be found in a particular stage (a blastocyst) in human embryos. Multipotent cells are partially differentiated,UL 1994, so tha

12. UL 1995 says:

She is active on several boards,childrens ugg boots, including Pembina Pipeline Corp., Calgary United Way and the Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra. Prior to joining Agrium in 1999, O’Donoghue was a partner at law firm Blake,UL 921, Cassels Graydon LLP. This year she received a Lexpert Zenith Award celebrating leading women lawyers.. And I don’t know why.”Officers don’t usually split up after making entry into a home, for the sake of one another’s safety, said ,UL 2225, a former Los Angeles County

13. UL 174 says:

At Northland Preparatory Academy in Flagstaff,Arizona, application forms are available just four and a half hours a year. Parents must attend one of three information sessions to pick up a form; late arrivals can’t get in. Do you have any idea how embarrassing it is to invite a woman to your house with whom you’d like to sexually fuse,and to have her notice that your bulbs are not florescent? I’ll save the trouble of guessing and tell you that the answer is: Very. It’s very embarrassing. Dentist

14. ” it is one that corporations should take into consideration when making the decision about what countries will be considered when expanding their operations globally,ANSI B3.2-1992.,ANSI C119.4-1991. It has nothing to do with tests nor scores. Land can also be subdivided and sold for profit. Consumers can also alert NHTSA to defects in their vehicles. Attorneys have to uphold this standard and are therefore not permitted to include for the record those bits of information that may not be consid