1 June 2011 – Anything Goes

June 1st, 2011 § 10 comments

Blammo

• Tank: Target
  • Skirt: thrifted as a dress, chopped into a skirt
  • Belt: swapped with A.
  • Necklace: consignment shop
  • Shoes: Banana Republic

Very Well-Known Bloggers like Kendi, Jessica, and Christine have all been wearing coral frequently this year, and I apparently have drunk the pinky-yet-orange Kool-aid, too.

DSC_0431 DSC_0072

In fact, I have yet to find a color combination involving coral — whether pale or saturated — that I don’t like.

Colors Up Close

8 April 2011 - Look Alive 27 April 2011 - Diaphanous

Necklace and Belt Detail

And given this dusty purple + coral pairing it doesn’t seem to be stopping any time soon. Are you on the coral bandwagon? What combinations are you loving right now?

Blammo

P.S. In case you’re counting, this is outfit number 7 from my capsule wardrobe of 15 pieces.

Tagged , , , ,

§ 10 Responses to 1 June 2011 – Anything Goes"

1. Loren says:

I definitely on board with the ‘coral trend’. I think it’s one of those colors that just looks really good against a lot of skin tones. I’ve already got a coral skirt and a pair of coral heels that were inspired byt toe exact people you’ve mentioned. I really love this midi-purple skirt on you. I also think it’s super cute when pregnant ladies wear a belt above their ‘bump’.

2. Fiona says:

I’m feeling some serious coral love right now too. I’ve got a sharf with a coral leopard print on a natural white background. I like to wear it with a dark green cardigan (similar to this scarf of E.’s http://www.flickr.com/photos/academichic/5167933951/) and because the coral is rather pale it is a subtle combination of two-thirds of a triad. Unfortunately, my family is very conservative when it come to colour combinations so I have to come by your blog regularly to get some of your colour fabulousness and dare to do as I please again :-)

3. s says:

I wear purple almost every day, and had never thought of pairing it with coral. E, your outfit of bright purple top with coral necklace and obi sash is breathtakingly gorgeous! Can’t wait to dig up some coral in my closet and try that combo!

4. Jasi says:

I am just getting on the coral bandwagon. I <3 coral and navy together – probably a bit more subtle, but for me, I'm venturing slowly into color mixing. I so covet your coral necklace and have been on the lookout for one!

5. kathy says:

I have been on the coral wagon for DECADES. It’s always been my favorite color, and I always have one or two pieces in my closet. I’m glad to see it’s back in style, although I won’t part with my coral pieces for anything, much less a different color trend.

6. Coral is wonderful. I love all the ways you’ve shown it here, and I’m particularly liking your high-waisted midi-skirts. So simple and chic.

7. Coral has always been “my mom’s” color, and I’ve always associated it with her and as a result, refrained from wearing it. Only within the last year or so did I start wearing coral and I. LOVE. IT. I now own a couple gorgeous coral colored necklaces, a cardigan, dress, scarf and a shirt or two.

8. Laura says:

Coral is a color that looks good on everybody and goes with everything. Can’t blame everyone for loving it! I love it too!

9. [...] Academichic’s E., I’ve been pretty obsessed with coral (and, in fairness, pretty much all shades in that triangle between orange, pink and bright red) [...]