26 April 2011

• Scarf – H & M
  • Belt – SF Boutique
  • Skirt – Banana Republic
  • Wellies – Banana Republic
  • Earrings – souvenir from Cayman Islands
  • Bangles – gift from S.

Like many places it seems, Academichic Central is in danger of being washed away with all this rain!

Multiple days of heavy rain mean to things: my wellies are getting a workout and my hair is ridiculously curly. I’ve been trying to take advantage of the short breaks in the rain to fit in a run, plant something, or do other outside projects.  I keep reminding myself that all this rain is good for my new plants, my compost, and my lawn.  Plus, I feel really “hard-core” when I start my run in the sun and finish it in a down pour or when I have to slip on my wellies to slop through the muddy lawn to my compost bin.

26 April 2011

But, this means when I finally get cleaned up to head to campus, I don’t want to look like I am wearing my rain gear.  The rain was too persistent (and my trek through campus too long) to wear regular shoes, so I opted for my secret wellies (people often can’t tell they are rubber instead of leather).  Like L., instead of using bright colors, I found other things in my closet to make me think of spring.  I chose this light gauzy scarf and wooden accessories – items that make me think of sunny islands rather than rainy cities.

Come on May flowers!

26 April 2011

Tagged , , ,

§ 13 Responses to 26 April 2011"

1. NotaBene says:

What a lovely outfit! I just got that same skirt in a beautiful lavender color–I can’t wait to wear it.

2. Barbara says:

I can’t get enough of your new, shorter hair. I love, Love, LOVE it!

3. Carrie says:

Great combination of simple, sleek lines with one ornate and eye-catching accessory! I really love your style and had to stop lurking to tell you so… you my Belting Yoda (I was inspired to start trying belts after reading enough of your posts), and this photo is a perfect example of your Belting Mastery!

4. I have scarf lust from your outfit. What a great way to fend off the rain!

5. ismay says:

Wow, you have been looking so elegant in these classic ensembles and muted colors! And the haircut is a big part of that. Inspiring!

6. Rachel says:

I really like how you belted the scarf – never thought of doing that! Usually I just drape it loosely or do a tight knot around my neck, but I really liked how belting the scarf pulled the outfit together and made it look a lot smarter.

7. Jac Lynn Sharp says:

I’m taking a break from lurking her to say that your hair is absolutely fantastically becoming!
    Love it!

8. Kelly says:

Hi,

I just found your blog. Love finding other academic/style blogs!

Your newest follower xo

9. April says:

Popping in again to say how lovely you look, and how fabulous that hair style is on you. Even with the curly trying to take over!

10. Sarah says:

Still loving your new haircut so much. I really envy the way you combine neutral pieces and make them so much your own. I am still learning that skill because sometimes I want to be really outrageous and showy and other times more low key with my professional attire. Thanks for being an inspiration.

11. Krysti says:

Love it!

12. BL says:

I love this color combination and the pattern on your scarf! You look gorgeous.