22 December 2010 – Flower Child

December 22nd, 2010 § 12 comments

22 December 2010 – Flower Child, originally uploaded by academichic.

• Cardigan: Pretty Good, Marshalls
  • Tunic: Tucker for Target
  • Earrings: Target
  • Belt: thrifted
  • Jeans: Gap, swapped with A.
  • Wedges: thrifted

I promised a reader that I would remix this Tucker for Target tunic one more time before I left for the holidays. This is for you, Jessie!

I think I might still have some residual 30 for 30 in my system, since all of these items are pieces I’ve worn in the not too recent past. But, I love how the tunic’s print and the wide leg jeans both have a boho retro vibe, and how belting and blousing the tunic and cardigan give a new length and shape to everything.

My to-do list for our imminent departure to Houston and then Honolulu is still pretty hefty, but check back soon for a fun twist on a packing post. (Which, honestly, hinges on whether or not I can fit husband N., baby e., and myself into two carry-on bags again…)

Tagged , ,

§ 12 Responses to 22 December 2010 – Flower Child"

1. Darcie says:

Love this!

2. MONKEYFACE says:

YES, I love the blousy belted top + wide-leg bottom! I really hadn’t noticed these were recent repeats – the layering keeps it fresh.

I’m excited for your pack post!

3. I’m amazed how that blouse–which looked so summery in, well, summer–translates into “festive”!

I’m trying to fit all of us into 2 carry-ons, and I’m failing. I think I’m just going to suck it up and pack The Pup his own suitcase. With the presents we’re carrying, too, there’s just not enough room!

4. Beth says:

I love how you matched these pieces, it looks like you are ready to board a plane to the tropics already.

I’m also holding my breath for the packing post, I am always amazed at how you girls can fit everything needed for a trip in such a tiny bag.

5. Kristen says:

Such a cute outfit! I love the vibe that the blousy tunic & wide leg jeans give out. So boho chic!

6. Sarah says:

Very cute flower child outfit! It is very hippie chic (if that makes sense at all).

Classroom Chic

7. Jessie says:

Yeahh, there it is! :) Haha!

I truly love this thing! It goes so well with this outfit. I love the use you’re getting out of your wide-leg jeans. I haven’t worn jeans in years, but I always did have this attachment to wide-legs. They were always such a nice break from skinnies, and they look awesome in outfits like these!

I’m really impressed at how it looks almost tame when you pair it with the cardigan and jeans while still keeping it’s orange-y pizazz. Love!

8. Linda says:

I love how you always find new ways to style that bold top in ways that look new.
    I have sort of been posting about my travel wear – I had to pack a week’s worth of close into a shared carry on. With remixing, it is totally do-able!
    The Auspicious Life

9. I love your packing posts. I was trying to refer to some of them before I flew to Chicago. Hence the reason you may see a lot of “travel,” “vacation” or “traveling” come up in recent searches of the chic blog. :) Happy and safe travels! That sounds like no easy feat to fit so much stuff in two tiny bags.

10. Luinae says:

Very casual, but with just enough pizazz!

11. [...] Just a few quick pics and words before I too head off for holidays with family and friends. Unlike E., who has to very thoughtfully plan and pack for extended travel, my packing mostly consists of throwing things into a bag, dragging out my laundry basket, and [...]

12. Iris says:

I love the way you remixed this shirt again :)