16 December 2010

December 16th, 2010 § 9 comments

16 December 2010, originally uploaded by academichic.

• Wrap Sweater – Thrifted
  • Skirt – Banana Republic
  • Ruffle Blouse – Gap
  • Tights – Gap
  • Wool Pumps – Urban Outfitters
  • Earrings – F21

The day I wore this (before the ground was covered with ice and snow) I spent way too long in front of the mirror testing out the many suggestions you all had for how to wear this cardigan wrap thingy.  I just couldn’t make any of the interesting pinning, belting, or tucking options work and felt a bit messy with it hanging open, so when I realized I was running quite late for my office hours I simply tied the long pieces in front of body.  I was actually fairly happy with the result – it’s less bulky and a perhaps a bit more effortless (only in appearance that is) than the belted version and a bit tidier than wearing it open. Overall a polished look of ease and comfort – my favorite!

16 December 2010, originally uploaded by academichic.
Speaking of polished ease and comfort, many of you have asked about my Urban Outfitter’s wool pumps.  Yes! They are comfortable!  Seriously, I love these shoes!  The heel is high enough to add a bit of polish (and drama) to an ensemble but because it is tapered, it’s super comfy.  Next, I want the suede version – I just can’t decide what color I wan’t.  Thoughts?  A.
**Sadly, UO is not paying me or offering me free shoes to tell you all how much I love their pumps.

16 December 2010, originally uploaded by academichic.

Tagged , , , ,

§ 9 Responses to 16 December 2010"

1. Sara says:

So many color choices! I like the nude or grey if you want something neutral, but the yellow or grape would be awesome for pops of color!

Love the color combo you’ve got goin on here :)

2. Jenny says:

This is a beautiful outfit in color and shape. I love the casual-chic vibe from the wrap and it looks like the type of blue shade that would match your eyes, am I right? (ok yeah, that was I-read-this-blog-everyday stalkeresque, sorry!).

I think the nude suede wedges are perfect for bare legs, and the purple ones would look nice with tights and they’d coordinate with the shades of blue and green that you wear.

3. Luinae says:

Ooooh, I love it!

4. maryeb says:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about the UO shoes. I’ve always wanted a pair of red shoes and have been considering the UO red/orange suede ones. I love the color, but I’m only 5’3″ and think red shoes would probably only make me look shorter. I think whichever color you pick will look wonderful on you.

5. Kristen says:

Oh, I love how you ended up tying this. You’re right, it does look very effortless! I have a similar sweater and I am definitely going to try tying it.

6. A. says:

Love the shoes, just bought some myself. Did you treat them with anything to make them more winter-proof?

7. Lauren says:

i have the orange/red suede pumps from UO and LOVE them! they’re so comfortable. i haven’t treated them with anything yet, but will soon as they already have a few little scuff marks from the times i’ve already worn them.

8. Audrey says:

You look lovely. I always worry though that the length of the fabric from the tie will be too long or too much on a small frame…. Is it ok to have a big tie?

9. Amy says:

Hey! I love that skirt, is it knit? It looks comfy but polished- double score!