23 November 2010

November 23rd, 2010 § 9 comments

23 November 2010, originally uploaded by academichic.

• Sweater – BR Factory Store
  • Skirt – Gap
  • Blouse – Gap
  • Belt – New York & Co
  • Flannel Pumps – Urban Outfitters
  • Earrings – gift from A2

First, Happy Birthday S!!  Due to the 30 for 30 limitations, pre-travels laundry and packing, and a day of house-cleaning and grading, I couldn’t manage an S-inspired outfit for today.  But, I still wanted to send some birthday wishes, through the blogosphere, to one of my dearest friends! Love to you S. on your special day!

Argyle Love, originally uploaded by academichic.

I wore this outfit yesterday, when we had another unexpected bout of warm weather.  Once again I was glad to have this lighter skirt on my list.  I put this argyle sweater into the mix knowing that I wanted to do a little pattern mixing.  Notice I’ve got three patterns going here!

pattern mixing, originally uploaded by academichic.

Today is much colder and it looks like it will be cold for the rest of the week.  A2 and I leave tomorrow to spend Thanksgiving with my family so today I am packing for four days.  Only being able to chose from my limited closet has made the packing go pretty quickly.  I’ll post my travel duds, T-day ensemble, and other weekend wear after the holiday.  Until then, Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

A.

23 November 2010, originally uploaded by academichic.

Tagged , , , , , ,

§ 9 Responses to 23 November 2010"

1. Becca says:

I LOVE this outfit! Fantastic! Especially the argyle on the cardi and the stripes on the skirt together – such a wicked look.

2. MONKEYFACE says:

My favorite of your remixes so far – it’s just superb :) You and L. are mastering the neutrals today! AND I NEED THAT SKIRT

3. Mel says:

Fabulous outfit! LOVE it!

4. Sara says:

Can’t get enough of those shoes, adding them to my Christmas list now!

5. Sarah in Miami says:

I am in LOVE with those shoes!! and this blog!!
    I started reading about a year ago, for advice on dressing for grad school, and I am now in grad school convincing others to consult your blog before wearing a cami, jeans, and flip flops to teach.

Please keep doing what you all do, giving me a break from my insane schedule and inspiring me to try new things (like belts! like triads!)

6. DeeDee says:

Are those shoes comfortable? because I have been dying for a gray pair for months but when they finally went on sale I read all kinds of reviews about them being terribly uncomfortable and running big.

7. Angeline says:

Love this! That sweater is great, and I like how you paired it with the full skirt and some colorful shoes.

8. S. says:

Thank you for the birthday wishes! And I’ll gladly accept this look in lieu of an “S inspired” look because it’s beautiful!

Thanks for thinking of me and can’t wait to drink that celebratory birthday coffee in person some time soon! S.

9. Diana says:

I love all the soft neutrals in this outfit!