23 November 2010 – Happy Birthday, S.!

November 23rd, 2010 § 10 comments

23 November 2010 – Frenchie, originally uploaded by academichic.

• Striped top: BCBG thrifted
  • Necklace: Target
  • Skirt: Gap
  • Tights: Hue
  • Booties: Steve Madden Ollie
  • Trench: Old Navy, inherited from SIL
  • Fingerless gloves: Target

Stripes, satiny blue pleats, and maroon tights? This might not be the outfit I would pick from my closet as a whole to celebrate S.’s birthday, but since I’m pulling from my 30 for 30 selections, I think it does a good job of paying homage in spirit. It’s quirky but chic, a whimsical variation on classic pieces.

For my final twist: a trench coat, but done in dark denim.

So although I may look like I’m aspiring to Parisian velocouture chic, I’d prefer to think of it as an homage to my favorite cycling Romanian! Happy birthday, S.! Your thoughtfulness, passion, and drive are so inspiring to me. I’m so proud of all that you’ve accomplished in the past year and so excited for all of the fantastic things awaiting you in the year to come!

Tagged ,

§ 10 Responses to 23 November 2010 – Happy Birthday, S.!"

Oh my gosh, this has got to be an absolute favorite of mine! Perfectly European chic, which is so very “S”. I love this!

2. Linda says:

I love those glove/mittens. I think the vibe of this post is very European and S would be so please.
    The Auspicious Life

3. Melissa says:

This is making me desperate for a denim trench now! I love the tights too!

4. S. says:

This is perfect – the stripes, the trench, the colored tights and your gorgeous red Takara….sigh…. I want it all :)

Great tribute outfit, I’m honored! Thanks for thinking of me and making a 30 for 30 outfit in honor of my Bday, it was such a fun surprise! I cannot wait until we do get that bike double-date in that wasn’t able to happen on my last visit. I miss you girls!!

S.

5. S. says:

PS: Ahhh, and you got a cup holder on your bike! Love it!! :)

6. Holy crap, I am in LOVE with that trench coat!

Millions and millions of love.

(I’m in love with this blog too, by the way)

7. Terri says:

I have a “trench” like this, but have only ever thought of it as a dress…hmm.

8. This is precious! I’m in love with the striped top — it looks effortless and chic on you. What a great tribute to S.!

9. Shannon says:

This is a gorgeous outfit!! Happy birthday S.! I miss seeing you and your style.

10. Plummy says:

I always love reading your blog and seeing the great outfits you put together. They are classic, memorable and wearable in everyday life, which is great to see in a blogger. :) I just wanted to let you know that I included you in my weekly Link-spiration weekly roundup. You can see the post here: http://plummyplum.blogspot.com/2010/11/link-spiration_28.html