- Sweater: Theory via Off 5th
- Shirt (not pictured): Splendid via Filene’s Basement
- Scarf: vintage Christian Dior
- Belt: Banana Republic Outlet
- Pin-striped Slacks: J. Crew
- Shoes: Ciao Bella via DSW
For the last day of our Pink Week and Blogging for Breast Cancer aWEARness, my pink is a little more subtle than my previous outfits. I thought that the bright yellow and red (and pink and orange!) flowers on this fantastic scarf along with the orange-red belt helped to offset what was a very dark outfit.
I don’t want to seem preachy, but I wanted to share a little about my personal reasons for participating in events raising money to fight cancer. This scarf was my grandmother’s, and she is the first person in my life who was claimed by cancer (in her case, lung cancer). Every time I do the Relay for Life, I think of her. She was much too young to have died, and she is the reason that fighting ALL types of cancer is so important for me. Participating in events like RFL and Breast Cancer Awareness Month makes me feel empowered.
We each have our own reasons for taking up the causes we do, and no matter what that cause is, it is nice to know that we can each make a difference.
- Please click to Give a Free Mammogram!
- More information and support can be found at The American Cancer Society and Susan G. Komen Foundation