Goodbye Summer…

August 25th, 2010 § 6 comments

Goodbye Summer…, originally uploaded by academichic.

• Dress – Marshalls
  • Belt – BR Outlet
  • Flats – Target
  • Sunglasses – Marshalls

Well, summer officially comes to an end this week as the semester begins tomorrow.  I’m looking forward to the Fall, but sure will miss the summer!  I successfully started a veggie garden, clocked over 400 miles with a new running buddy, met up with old friends, convinced my advisor my dissertation topic is a worthy one, and of course GOT MARRIED!!

These are pictures taken a few weeks back, while on one of the many mini summer vacations we took to visit friends and family.  This is the dress I bought to wear the night before my wedding, but knew it would get a good amount of wear.  I added the woven leather belt and red flats to dress in down enough for brunch and a walk around town.

Check back later this week to see what ensemble I pull together for the first day of the semester!

A.

Goodbye Summer…, originally uploaded by academichic.

Tagged , , , , , ,

§ 6 Responses to Goodbye Summer…"

1. MONKEYFACE says:

Ahh, I love how your rich jewel tones and mahogany are welcoming in fall, but your fabrics and cuts are clearly still in the summer zone. Can’t wait to see your back-to-school ensemble!

2. Trish says:

Great outfit! I love the richness of the colours and the very flattering cut of the gress.

3. Lisa says:

Sounds like you had an amazing summer. I love the color of the dress and the pop of color from the shoes. Good luck on your first day!

4. Sarah says:

Love this dress!! It is nice that is special to you and you will get tons of wear out of it!

5. Sara says:

This dress is gorgeous on you – the neckline is incredibly flattering, and the cinched-in waist looks so chic. I love the bright shoes with it, too – such a fun detail! This is one of my favorite looks of yours!

6. Jane W. says:

I love your outfit, and I’m in *awe* of your productive summer! 400 miles! I’m not worthy.