27 July 2010

July 27th, 2010 § 20 comments

27 July 2010, originally uploaded by academichic.

• Jersey Wrap – BR Outlet
  • Striped Tank – American Eagle
  • Jeans – Banana Republic
  • Red Flats – Target
  • Dog – Camp

After a wonderful visit with S. and T., an elegant wedding, and a relaxing weekend, A2, Camp, and I had to make the 10 hour drive back to Academichic Central.  I wanted to be comfy in the car but needed something a bit more spiffy then sweats for the pre-car ride brunch with friends.  I chose my cuffed skinny jeans, which have stretched out to a relaxed fit, a tank and this new jersey wrap.  I picked this piece up on super sale at BR Outlet and love it!  It’s so comfortable, is a lovely shade of grey, and has a fun ruffly lapel thing going.  The belted waist doesn’t hurt either.

My pattern of choice has always been stripes and this summer I have been loving this blue and white striped tank.

Blue Stripes, originally uploaded by academichic.

I always find myself drawn to white and blue in the summer and have to stop myself from going overboard with the nautical influence.   I think the classic paring of red and blue makes this simple outfit a bit more sophisticated and   just happens to be a 2/3 color combination.  I have a feeling these red shoes will be getting quite a bit of color-wheel play in the next few weeks!

Red Shoes, originally uploaded by academichic.

What’s your summer pattern or color paring of choice?  Do you too go nautical when the weather warms? Or maybe bohemian, or safari?

27 July 2010, originally uploaded by academichic.

Tagged , , , , , , ,

§ 20 Responses to 27 July 2010"

1. Liz Rosas says:

That wrap is incredible and the pop of red in the shoe? So cute!

2. Jane W. says:

Love the wrap and the stripes. I tend to go Frida in the summer time.

3. Lisa says:

i have totally defaulted to nautical! :D

4. Sally says:

What a gorgeous wrap cardigan!

I default to cowgirl, but can’t say that yields a particular color pairing. I definitely err more brown and tan than black during the summer months, though.

5. EmilyKennedy says:

It’s so good to find an ideal traveling outfit.

6. Sara says:

I also default to nautical looks in the summer! I love a good blue and white stripe pattern paired with red shoes. I will even admit to buying red patent peep toes in both flats and heels so I could achieve this look in a variety of settings!

7. Love that wrap cardigan!

I looked at the first picture and noticed that my hometown is on that sign! I’m still trying to figure out exactly where that picture was taken :)

8. Kim says:

Not just in Summer – I seem to be drawn to stripes all year round. Which is unfortunate sometimes, because horizontal stripe not being very flattering rules you hear about are all true.

9. Jaime H. says:

I loved your red shoes. I had to have them! So I went to Target and squealed with delight when I discovered they came in yellow!
    I love your whole outfit! Very fresh and summer! Thanks for always being so inspirational!

10. Beth Ellen says:

All summer it’s a combo of nautical and bohemian: stripes and lots of random funky pieces mixed in. I love that wrap top. it’s so cute!

11. laniza says:

I’m definitely drawn to brighter colors in the summer like hot pink and coral. Love your wrap cardigan–it looks so comfy and perfect for a long car ride.

12. devon says:

I love that wrap on you! I want to steal this entire outfit.

13. anon says:

Boycott Target for their anti-gay support in Minnesota. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SipXbgyi68

14. Bekah Mae says:

Oh, boy. Can I just say that I am so excited that those shoes are still current at Target? I haven’t been yet…but I did scour through your comments to see if any other girls wanted to know if they were still available. I don’t know if I can even make it home from work without them today!

15. Maura says:

Your dog is beautiful!

16. maureen says:

Great outfit…looks very put together, perfect for stops on a long ride!

17. Becky says:

I’m moving from Chicago to Florida in less than 3 weeks and packing up my clothes. This travel ensemble inspired me over the weekend as I’m putting together my overnight bag for our stops along the way.

18. [...] and this casual outfit falls firmly within my usual aesthetic. The ruffled top is the same as the one A. wore with her striped tank, but this one is taupe rather than grey and likewise goes with everything. 4 August 2010 – [...]