23 June 2010 – Just Indulge Me For a Moment

June 23rd, 2010 § 16 comments

23 June 2010 – Just Indulge Me For a Moment, originally uploaded by academichic.

• Ridiculous hat: Target $1 aisle
  • Jersey: US Soccer, gift from husband
  • Belt: thrifted
  • Skirt: Banana Republic Factory
  • Wedges: Naturalizers, via DSW

I’m interrupting normal programming to show you this ridiculous outfit and gloat over the news that the US men’s soccer team has made it into the knockout round of the World Cup and are advancing first in their group.

That is all.

Tagged

§ 16 Responses to 23 June 2010 – Just Indulge Me For a Moment"

1. Frances Joy says:

I have to confess that I cried a little when they won; I was THAT excited. And they’re not even my favorite team!

2. A.S. says:

Holla!

3. Licia says:

There is a place and time for a sports fan outfit and I can honestly say you did it very fashionably. Go USA!

4. Sara says:

U-S-A, U-S-A!! :)

5. nikole says:

You and my cousin are both so excited. He’s been telling me from the beginning that they’ll make it far but i just can’t buy it. Kudos on them making it to the second round though

6. Cindy says:

Bwahahaha! Funny! We all need a break from “fashion” once in awhile – that’s when I break out my Aerosmith t-shirt, like today!

7. Rachel says:

I was watching it streamed over the internet in an auditorium with a bunch of other engineering grad students. The place just erupted with screaming when they scored. Great moment.

Your game outfit rocks my game outfit (Old Navy USA t-shirt and jeans), but really, isn’t it the thought that counts :)

8. elbee says:

I need to go to Target pronto, because I most certainly need your hat!

9. Trisha says:

I was doing a happy dance today too! Talk about a rollercoaster game. Love the outfit!

10. Fer says:

congratulations! I’m rooting for you guys – of course, as long as you don’t play with Brazil or Germany, of course ;)

um beijo from Brazil!

11. Fer says:

and it’s of course, of course :D

(why can’t I seem to type correctly today?, hahahah)

12. Emily says:

USA!! USA!! Oh, sorry. I was temporarily misplaced with a really patriotic person. So sad I spent this morning on a plane to a conference and not watching.

13. Lavinia says:

Congrats USA :-) I am from Slovenia and I have to confess I nearly cried when our guys (and we the fans) found out that we’ve been eliminated by the US in the last minutes. But that’s sports, right?
    I’ve been a long time (daily!) lurker and I love the style of all of you! You’ve made me love wedges and dresses! :-)

14. EmilyKennedy says:

Bwaaa ha ha ha h aha!!!!! That’s EXCELLENT!

OK, so 25 must be your lucky number. The highest number on the roster is 23.

But isn’t the most exciting part this? The future games go like this: USA vs. Ghana > Winner of S. Korea/Uruguay > Final Four.

Um hello! We actually have a shot at the Final Four. This would really not have been the case if we went on to play Germany or Argentina. We are WAY lucky!

15. Cati Basmati says:

And I am so proud of my second home country :-))))
    Well, until they meet Germany that is!

16. M.E.J. says:

I too have been in a soccer-frenzy lately, so thanks for bringing the World Cup to the blog!
    I’m happy for the USA team, it has improved a lot over the years, but since I’m from South America, go Uruguay!!! and Argentina, and Brazil, and Mexico, and Paraguay, and Chile…
    (I had to show how proud I am of this region of the world that’s been doing so great so far)