22 May 2010 – Tegernsee, Germany

May 22nd, 2010 § 12 comments

22 May 2010, originally uploaded by academichic.

• Top – on loan from friend L.
  • Dog – on loan from friend L.
  • Gray tank – Hanes
  • Jeans – S. Oliver
  • Flats – Palladium
  • Necklace – World Market

Yesterday, T. and I took a little day trip to Tegernsee, Germany, a little spa town just outside of Munich. It felt like we walked into a Grimm’s fairy tale crossed with a Cuckoo clock factory at the foot hills of some idyllic mountain town. To see as much of it as possible, we did a lot of walking.

Detail, originally uploaded by academichic.

While I feel that my sojourn in Germany this year has influenced my taste and style in numerous ways, one really tangible change has been my approach to footwear. If it isn’t comfortable and if I can’t walk miles in it, then you may just keep it, thank you very much. Living car-less and walking everywhere has made me really appreciate my flat and comfortable footwear and I wish I had brought more of that along with me here. I’m not saying that I won’t be seduced into buying a cute heel in the future, but I’m definitely gravitating more towards stylish and attractive flats these days. My favorite brand as of late is Camper, which offers so many stylish yet comfortable walking shoes, but unfortunately at mostly outside of my price range. But still, a girl can dream…

What I particularly love about Campers is their matching yet non-identical design on one pair of shoes. The left and right shoe ‘go’ together but are not mirror images of each other…

It was a good thing I wore my comfortable Palladium flats for our day trip to Tegernsee because we did discover a little foot path and trail leading to a gorgeous look-out point after about a fifteen minute hike. The view from that hill and all the picturesque details throughout the town made Tegernsee a real gem.

Tegernsee, Germany, originally uploaded by academichic.
Tegernsee, Germany, originally uploaded by academichic.
Tegernsee, Germany, originally uploaded by academichic.

And after all that walking, we of course ended our day with mandatory beers and Bretzen at the local brewery. And it also happened to be my husband’s birthday yesterday  - all in all, a perfect day. Happy Birthday, T! You’re the best, honey, and I look forward to spending a lifetime of birthdays with you still! S.

Tagged

§ 12 Responses to 22 May 2010 – Tegernsee, Germany"

1. kristen says:

You look adorable, as always! I love your layering.

Tegernsee looks amazing – what a cool experience you and your husband are having.

Those Campers are beyond cute! They are such a stylish company. I’ll have to add those red and white ones to my favorites list. :) Love.

I bought some Camper tall zip boots at their end of year sale, but even though I have pretty normal sized calves, and I’ve had them professionally stretched, I still have trouble zipping them over my calves. My husband helps me though so it’s no big deal. :)

2. Morgen says:

That town is amazing! Also, I must track down those floral cameo flats…even if they are beyond my budget.

3. Morgen says:

by cameo, I definitely meant silhouette. Despite the amount of caffeine consumed today, my brain is still not functioning.

Kristen- The boot thing is actually good to know. I was eyeing a few pairs just now, but my calves are slightly larger than average so that is definitely something for me to keep in consideration!

4. Vonnie says:

The town looks adorable, your hubby très handsome and I covet many of those Camper flats, but I have to say the cutest thing on this post by far is your borrowed dog. Just look at that face! With the shiny, shiny coat and that smile!

5. campers says:

@kristen: THE EXACT SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME with the camper boots. i really have a hard time zipping them and i had elastic and vents added.

6. Rachel says:

I’m with you on the shoes. I’m a teacher, so I’m on my feet at work and I walk a lot, too. Cute, comfy shoes are a must. Love those Campers! I will check them out.

7. Becky says:

What’s better then celebrating your birthday with the perfect German meal – beer and a pretzel :-)

And the shoes are so pretty…

8. Barbara says:

I agree that flats are the best shoes to wear if you don’t have a car and you have to walk a lot ! I don’t like the fact that I always felt the pressure to wear high heels annoying as they don’t really work for me unless it is for a short time or if I don’t have to go around too much.
    The shoes you are presenting are adorable!

9. EmilyKennedy says:

That top is supercute on you! I love it that you’re visiting all these fun places recently. And a hell yeah to sporting comfortable cute shoes. Our feet need love!

Happy birthday to the sweetie!

10. Wendy says:

Tegernsee is my favourite lake in Germany and I do miss it. A friend out ours family owned a guest house there and we always visited for the Rosstag egern … ah, I miss Deutschland and yes, you quickly learn about comfortable shoes there. enjoy

11. Aww what a fun birthday tour post. :) The doggie is begging to be hugged. :)