26 April 2010 – Rainy Day Greys

April 26th, 2010 § 12 comments

26 April 2010 – Rainy Day Greys, originally uploaded by academichic.

• Grey Jersey Dress – BR Outlet
  • Blazer – J Crew
  • Belt – BR Outlet
  • Necklace – Hawaii
  • Bangel – gift from S.
  • Shoes – Kenneth Cole Reaction, via DSW

These pictures are actually from a while ago, but I didn’t post them because I look so sick in them, and rather drugged, especially in the photos with the blazer.  But, I really did like this ensemble and so figure you can excuse my puffy eyes and red nose (thankfully that horrible head cold has passed).

I wore this jersey dress and blazer combo to lecture to 130ish students for an hour and a half.  I was on cold meds and fighting a runny nose, but managed to pull through with a pretty good lecture, if I do say so myself.   It was hot and rainy that day, which is common this time of year in Academichic Central, so I needed to look professional while managing to stay cool and comfy.   I love this jersey dress for just that reason – it’s comfy and chic, but I felt I needed to take the professionalism up a notch, thus enter the blazer.

26 April 2010 – Rainy Day Greys, originally uploaded by academichic.

This blazer has been enjoying quite the revival lately.  Once I rolled up the sleeves (making in 3/4 sleeved and revealing the contrasting pinstripe pattern of the lining) it suddenly seemed much easier to style and much more versatile.  I’ve paired in with a fuller a-symmetrical skirt, with baggy jeans, and now with a jersey dress.  I’m thinking next I might try it with my grey pencil skirt and eventually even with some walking shorts. Hopefully when I pull it out next time I won’t look half as red and drowsy!

Blazer, originally uploaded by academichic.

Tagged , , , ,

§ 12 Responses to 26 April 2010 – Rainy Day Greys"

1. It’s a fantastic blazer, so I’d probably wear the hell out of it before it gets even warmer out.

I’m glad you’re feeling better!

2. Iris says:

I LOVE that dress!!! You look great :)

3. Jane W. says:

That dress is gorgeous with that belt! So elegant.

4. I found the same thing to be true about one of my blazers recently! It felt a lot more versatile once I tried rolling the sleeves, and I’ve been wearing it frequently since.

I also like how you’re combining grays and blacks with browns in this look.

Aw, I’m glad you’re feeling better. And yes, the magic of jersey fabric is mighty impressive.

6. Emily says:

Great dress! It looks lovely both with and without the blazer. Very elegant!

7. Elle Sees says:

BR outlet? Banana Republic I’m assuming? I think I caught your cold! :(
    Elle

8. Monica says:

All you need is a damp Kleenex in one hand and your outfit is complete! Just kidding — you really do look great, despite not feeling well. I just recently picked up a similar grey jersey dress at a consignment store and have been looking for ideas on how to wear it. I love the look of the blazer over it and I also love mixing dark neutrals together. Glad you’re on the mend.

9. Jenn says:

What a beautiful shade of grey. I also love how you style it with the brown. Perfection!

10. Ahh jersey fabric. I wish I can live in jersey dresses all day long.

11. I am very enjoyed for this blog. I stumbled on this while googling for some lyrics, I certainly love reading all that is written on your website. Must admit that you are one of the best blogger I ever saw. I am appreciating it very much! Looking forward to another great blog.

12. Ahh jersey fabric. I wish I can live in jersey dresses all day long.