29 March 2010 – A week of Red

March 29th, 2010 § 9 comments

29 March 2010, originally uploaded by academichic.

• Red cardi – thrifted
  • Dress as tunic – Target
  • Skinnies – thrifted
  • Flats – Palladium
  • Bag – Etienne Aigner
  • Bird Pin – Cocobeans on Etsy

After a week of jackets and blazers, I’m reaching once more for light cardis as the weather brightens. I’m more than ready for Spring. I also noticed that I’m being affected by Seasonal Color Syndrome – the brighter it’s getting outdoors, the bolder my color choices are want to be. While this bright red cardi lingered away for the duration of Winter, it’s now out along with this bold red and purple striped dress, eager to see the sun and annouce to the world how excited I am about nicer weather. This strapless dress may not be fit for wear on its own yet, but over skinny jeans and with the aid of a cardi, it can already enter circulation in my Spring time wardrobe.

21 June 2009 – MG road trip, originally uploaded by academichic.

Do you find yourself dressing seasonally as well? What colors or items are you excited to pull out this Spring? Any fun accessories that didn’t get much wear this winter that are now being pulled out?

Details, originally uploaded by academichic.

In celebration of Spring (which I’m really hoping will stick around), I will throw on this bold red cardi every day this week. It’s bright, it’s bold, it’s one of my favorite colors, and it’s making me excited for this new season. Do you want to play along by wearing one of your favorite spring time items more often than once this week? S.

29 March 2010, originally uploaded by academichic.

Tagged ,

§ 9 Responses to 29 March 2010 – A week of Red"

1. Sally says:

I am definitely gravitating toward brighter, lighter colors now … although black still creeps in occasionally.

You’re radiant in red, S, so I look forward to your weeklong romance with this cardigan.

2. That little bird pin is so sweet and springy!

I wore a lot of bright reds, yellows, and blues during the winter to combat the blahs. Now that the weather is brightening up some I find myself gravitating to pastels and greens.

3. Dawn says:

I can’t wait to see the other outfits!

4. This spring, I seem to be drawn to leaf green and pink, especially in combination. I love bold colors for warmer weather – I’ve seen a lot of people do stunning things with pale, creamy colors for spring and summer, but I’m always pulled toward aggressively vivid shades.

That dress is just as cute worn as a tunic as it is accessorized with an MG!

5. JBC says:

Hey S,

What happened to your yeollow vintage bag from the garage sale? Luv that bag!

6. Diana says:

This is such a beautiful outfit – I love the bright, bold colors, and that little bird pin is adorable. I love to wear bright colors year round, but I find myself even more drawn to them when the weather warms up.

7. Kayla says:

I love red. I wish I owned more of it to be honest. Can’t wait to see what else you come up with.

8. What a great outfit! I love that you used the skinnies and the dress in the way you did. I never would have thought of it!

9. admin says:

Thanks for your comments, everyone!

@JBC – that bag didn’t make it to Germany with me but is waiting for its summer revival once I’m back home. :)

S