31 December 2009 – Happy New Year!

December 31st, 2009 § 16 comments

31 December 2009 – Happy New Year!, originally uploaded by academichic.

All remixed except boots:

• Bolero – gift from Santa in Romania
  • Black tank – Limited, thrifted
  • Skinnies – Celebrity Pink, thrifted
  • Boots – thrifted in Romania for $4

Happy New Year’s, everyone! I hope that where ever the strike of midnight finds you tonight, you are having a wonderful time with your loved ones. Here’s to 2010 being a good one! *toast*

I have no special plans for going out tonight and therefor am dressed more for comfort than for glamour. I plan on enjoying the evening at home and then meeting my husband for a Skype date and virtual champagne toast at midnight. Usually I am a big fan of going out on New Year’s Eve because it provides the perfect excuse to don one’s most outrageously sparkly, shimmery, and otherwise extravagant clothing. Will you be donning something fabulous like that tonight? What are your plans for this evening?

Bolero detail, originally uploaded by academichic.
Boots, originally uploaded by academichic.

I also just wanted to say thank you to all of you who read our site for your continued support and input over this past year, your comments and feedback have made this project so worth it! See you all in 2010! S.

Happy New Year!, originally uploaded by academichic.

§ 16 Responses to 31 December 2009 – Happy New Year!"

1. Sara says:

Those boots are quite the find! I love the blend of black and brown; things like that end up working with so many more outfits and styles.

Enjoy your skype date, and happy new year!

2. ShopKim says:

You are thrifting some of the BEST things over there!! I am totallay jealous of those boots. Have a wonderful new year and enjoy your date! We get together with a couple other families for a big sleepover so no one has to drive anywhere.

3. Julia says:

Happy New Year!

I LOVE those boots! They are phenomenal!!!

4. Ellen says:

Happy New Year! I love your outfit – as others have said, the boots make the day! I also like the layered effect with the white bolero and black tank. See you in 2010!

5. Luinae says:

The Bolero has great detail, so it’s actually a really interesting piece!

6. Brande says:

$4 for those boots!? So jealous!

7. i love the skype date idea! I won’t be with the manfriend tonight as I’m working in another city.

8. i can’t believe those boots were only $4!! amazing find!

9. AJ says:

L-U-V those boots!!! Thanks S. for keeping up with the posts! Enjoy your date with your hubby! Look forward to see what 2010 will bring to your style!

10. jentine says:

Happy New Year! Enjoy your skype date with champagne! May your next year be fantastic!
    We’re going low-key tonight but I do have a fab dress…ahhhh, it needs alterations, gotta go!
    Seriously, thanks for the support of my blog and if you are ever into visiting your Hamilton roots, I’d love you have you over for a bevi. Maybe I’ll even let you plunder my hallowed thrifting zone, Talize…
    xo

11. Jane W. says:

Romania as fashion capital–who knew? The bolero is adorable (as is the orange pashmina from a few days ago).

My NYE plans are pretty casual–dinner in with another couple and our daughters. Wearing my favorite rose-colored sweater, and hoping I don’t spill wine on it!

12. Maggie says:

The boots are amazing! I remember being in London for a term and finding some great brown suede boots, but I think yours are better!

13. Suezi says:

Opps sorry if done this before (at parents so stupid PC). Ok love the site – found it while looking for a fav of mine. Think you might like it as the author is another academic with style ! See theproper facebook etiquette blog

14. Kyla says:

Happy New Year! And your hair is off to a fabulous start! Love it!

15. Dottie says:

Your sign is so cute :) Thank you for collaborating on this fantastic blog! Being able to escape fashion magazines and find real people wearing real clothes in the most fun and realistic ways is priceless.

As for what I wore, no sparkles but my excitement came from wearing a Chloe LBD that I scored for 85% off (I can barely believe what the full price was off the runway).

Happy New Year!

16. EmilyKennedy says:

Adorable way to work the bolero! I am really excited to see how you style it, because I am having a bit of a mental block on how I would do so.