29 December 2009

December 30th, 2009 § 12 comments

29 December 2009, originally uploaded by academichic.

Inside:
  • Purple Cardigan – Gap Outlet
  • Grey Tee- Banana Republic
  • Brown Belt – Gap
  • Scarf – BR Outlet
  • Jeans – Banana Republic
  • Wellies – Banana Republic
Outside (below):
  • Coat – Old Navy
  • Hat – Gap Outlet
  • Bag – Urban Outfitters
Two of my favorite post-Christmas activities are shopping and museum-going.  While I do both of these things fairly regularly during the rest of the year, the post-Christmas experience is always my favorite.  I’ll write more about shopping in a later post this week, so on to museums.
29 December 2009, originally uploaded by academichic.
Yesterday I visited one of my favorite art museums – the Walker Art Center in Minneapolis. I like visiting museums during holiday break for several reasons: I’m usually going to old favorites (ones I visit once a year), I get to take my family members on a guided tour, there are always more curious children there than usual, I get to enjoy the experience and not feel like I need to take notes!
29 December 2009, originally uploaded by academichic.
So, while E. was enjoying unseasonably-cool weather at the Rothko Chapel, I was enjoying seasonably- normal freezing weather in Minneapolis in my new coat and hat (post-holiday shopping finds).
What’s your favorite post-Christmas activity?  (I also love to play board games, see movies, go sledding and ice skating, and play with my nieces and nephews). A.
29 December 2009 – Outside, originally uploaded by academichic.

Tagged , , , , , , ,

§ 12 Responses to 29 December 2009"

1. Kate says:

I love the ‘belted scarf’ look on you! It’s a style I am yet to pull off successfully, myself. It always makes me look a bit clumpy. Fancy sharing your secret? haha :)

I’m glad you’re enjoying your post-Christmas! Unfortunaly, my post-Christmas activity is studying for my January exams … with lots of procrastinating inbetween by reading fashion blogs, of course.

2. Luinae says:

My post-Christmas activities involve working on ridiculous amounts of homeowrk, while blogging, and ice skating.

That is a lovely coat you have!

3. mamichan says:

I know EXACTLY where that last shot was taken. Will you let me know next time you’re at Walker? It’s my workplace — would love to meet up sometime!

4. Andrea says:

Ooh, a belted scarf! Looks great.

5. Diana says:

I love this outfit – especially the scarf and cardigan. And the location is gorgeous! I should try taking outfit shots at an art museum sometime.

6. Kathleen says:

You look cozy and svelte at the same time!

7. Rebecca says:

Lovely shots! And I love the Walker (being a Minneapolis dweller myself!).

Museum-going is one of my favorite activities, anytime of the year. Joe’s from the Twin Cities area, so maybe I can make a trip to the Walker Art Center sometime. Love that coat, by the way!

9. Love that scarf belted! You look so chic!
    One of my favorite things to do post-Christmas is to watch a bunch of old movies that I haven’t seen before. Lots of fun!
    Hope you have a great New Year!
    - JoAnn, Sidewalk Chalk

10. Jane says:

wishing you all love, luck, health, wealth and happiness in 2010.

11. krage says:

1.) I love the Walker Art Center, and the sculpture gardens located just across the street!
    2.) I live just south of the Twin Cities, and I really don’t people understand just how cold it really has been here as of late. -27 people!!! BEFORE windchill! Personally, I find it a struggle to go outside in these temps, but hope you enjoyed your visit to the frozen tundra!

12. [...] stylish too.  All of the other BR items I’m wearing today were bought on sale!  I mentioned the other day that one of my favorite post-holiday activities is shopping. I love the sales and the sense of [...]