27 December 2009 – Belters Annonymous

December 27th, 2009 § 23 comments

27 December 2009, originally uploaded by academichic.

All remixed except for pashmina scarf:

I recently picked up this sparkly orangey pashmina in a little shop here in Romania. What better outfit to add it to than this black dress and purple cardi combo, which gives this gold-threaded orange beauty the perfect chance to pop.

Sparkly Scarf, originally uploaded by academichic.

After putting it on and creating a cowl-neck collar with it, I decided that it was just begging to be belted. Now it’s become sort of a joke that we here at academichic like to belt anything and everything, but until today, I had not yet dared the belted-scarf-look. In this case, the largesse of the pashmina and the way it it layed due to its volume and size, belting it just made a whole lot of sense to me. It fused the pashmina with the cardi resulting in a collared top as such. I think I may have to give this belted-scarf look more tries in the future.

What do you think? Have you tried the belted scarf yourself this season? Do you ever find yourself thinking, ‘hi, my name is ___ and I’m a compulsive belter’ ? If so, you’re not alone! S.

27 December 2009, originally uploaded by academichic.

Tagged , , , , , , , ,

§ 23 Responses to 27 December 2009 – Belters Annonymous"

1. Julia says:

Haven’t tried the belted scarf yet, but it can’t be far off because I am a compulsive belter and scarf wearer!

Your hair looks so gorgeous down! I had no idea is was that long, it looks amazing!!!

2. Ariana says:

I’ve always hated the belted scarf look, but somehow you make it work in a way.
    It might be because its all bunched and you belted it fairly low and the scarf still looks like its doing its own thing in a way.

3. That is a gorgeous pashmina! I have indeed belted a scarf or two!

4. A-C says:

I haven’t belted a scarf (yet) but I’ve belted dresses, sweaters and cardigans, so I’m a compulsive belter as well.

By the way, your hair looks amazing! I know its a pain to have long hair down all the time, but you should definitely do it more often, it looks gorgeous.

5. Renée says:

I know it’s already been said, but you look beautiful with your hair down like that!

6. Alexia says:

Wow, I almost didn’t recognize you with your hair down – it’s gorgeous! And so is your outfit. :)

7. admin says:

Thanks, ladies!

As for the hair – I will likely wear it down more often. I started a new hair routine and it’s making my hair a lot more manageable, which makes me less likely to pull it all up in a bun or a knot. Thanks for the nice words about it! S.

8. Love the belted scarf here! I, too, have been hesitant to do it, but how fabulous it looks on you!
    I second A-C on the hair–gorgeous!

9. Jeni says:

Your hair looks so pretty down! You should wear it that way more often!

10. Luinae says:

You have beautiful hair- it’s so thick and long and dark!

11. Kyla says:

This looks so cute and I LOVE your hair down!

12. Melissa says:

Yes, yes, yes, belts are lovely. What I want to know – new hair routine? Spill! We of the long curly hair demand it!

13. Nina says:

I belt everything. Sometimes I think about belting my pajamas…

You look great in the belted scarf, and I love the mix of colors! I tried this look a few weeks ago and was really happy with it: http://alltumbledown.blogspot.com/2009/12/festival-of-light.html

14. Dawn says:

You have such beautiful hair and an amazing shoe collection!

15. Megan says:

great outfit, beautiful scarf… and your HAIR! Wow I’m jealous. Glad you found better hair products or whatever so you can wear it down more. =)

16. [...] I received a lot of comments on my hair yesterday, I decided to answer some of the questions that came my way regarding my ‘new hair [...]

17. Kristen says:

I’ve been loving the braids you’re doing, but it’s nice to see your curly locks down. Good look for you!

18. EmilyKennedy says:

Oooh, it’s so pretty! This scarf is just lovely, specially with the shoes!

19. Diana says:

Your hair is stunning, and I love that pashmina.

20. Kelly says:

Your hair is GORGEOUS! If I had hair like that I would wear it down every single day!

21. Gorgeous scarf and hair!!

22. M.E.J says:

After reading the 5th comment, I knew almost everyone must have said this before, but your hair down looks beautiful! It’s surprisingly long too.
    My hair is very similar to yours, and this year I went through an also similar process, which meant embracing the curl genes (and their result), doing some research and letting it free.
    A very important part of the process was finding the right cut! My hairdresser takes so much volume out that I actually feel relieved everytime I visit!

23. Chelsea says:

Oh holy moley, I am such a compulsive belter! I don’t feel like an outfit is complete if I’m not wearing one, but sometimes I gotta take a break from the mid-body pressure that a belt gives.

By the way… I used conditioner only this morning and plan on this for awhile :) And your hair is so long and just gorgeous! I have total hair envy!