28 October 2009 – Cuffed + Boots

October 28th, 2009 § 25 comments

28 October 2009 – Cuffed + Boots, originally uploaded by academichic.

All remixed:

A couple of weeks ago, I volunteered at the Munich marathon handing out water at one of the water stops. One of the other volunteers showed up wearing boots and cuffed jeans and I thought it looked terrific on her. Then this past weekend, I came across this image in Jolie magazine and that did it. I had to try this look for myself.

Inspiration, originally uploaded by academichic.

This is definitely a new one for me. I’m no stranger to cuffed or cropped pants, but have always reserved them for a summer look with sandals (or a summery shoe). What do you think of the cuffed pant over boots? Have you ever given this a go?

Picture 3

Another look I’m seeing frequently on campus here is the twill shorts over opaque tights with boots or booties…and I really really like it. I wish I had a pair of twill shorts or a pair of booties and then I’d rock it. Were I back home, I’d head to the nearest thrift store and try to find something of the likes, but here, I’ll just settle for admiring it from afar. That’s easier on the budget.

How about you? Same question as above applies. S.

28 October 2009 – Cuffed + Boots, originally uploaded by academichic.

Tagged , , , ,

§ 25 Responses to 28 October 2009 – Cuffed + Boots"

1. Sally says:

Lovw both of these looks. I’ve been meaning to try the shorts/tights/boots one for ages!

2. ShopKim says:

I think it looks amazing on you! Those seem like the perfect boots for it. I never would have thought of that but it looks great.

3. Julia says:

The cuffed look works! You look great!! Aren’t there thrift stores in Munich?

4. HistorySpice says:

I used to have a pair of cuffed shorts (on the longish side — almost knee-lenght) that I would wear with tights and heels or boots, but unfortunately, they were poorly made and fell apart mid-way through the second season of wearing them (I didn’t wear them that often, so I was pretty irked). I think it’s a very sophisticated look, as is the boots with cuffed pants. You look so Euro chic.

I never would have thought to wear cuffed jeans with boots, but it looks so chic! I really like it. I’ve definitely tried out the shorts/tights/boots combo this fall, and I gotta say, it’s pretty great. It’s a fun way to stretch your summer wardrobe into the colder months.

6. Amy says:

Been following your blog for awhile. I love it, and I’m really enjoying your international posts. I travel quite a bit internationally for work, and I have to agree – European women pull off some styles I would have never thought of and look fabulous doing it! On a recent trip, I also spied the shorts, tights, and boots look. I’ve been dying to try it, but wasn’t sure how it would translate in my city. Your post has just inspired me to give it a go….now just need to buy some shorts :-)

7. Kendra says:

I think it’s chic look! Though I think I would have used deeper cuffs like in the photo to preserve some of the lengthening illusion.

8. Carly says:

I’ve been reading your blog for a while, and love it. I really like this look. I’ve been wearing the shorts/tights/boots combo all fall, but it’s getting a bit cold here for that. I’ll have to give this style a try. Thanks for the idea!

9. Jen says:

I love the cuffed jeans with the boots! It reminds me of the capris-with-boots that I saw a lot of last winter/spring here in NYC.

I saw a stack of those shorts at the Gap this weekend. Haven’t seen anyone wearing them yet, though.

10. Jen says:

By the way, I love the bookshelf in the photo!

11. S@sha says:

I’ve definitely worn my jeans cuffed over boots. In fact I just did it on Monday. I think its a great way to transition the slouchy rolled up boyfriend jeans into winter. Especially when you need to be on your feet a lot and can’t wear heels.

12. meg says:

Love the cuffed pants and boots! This is a style that I have wanted to try, but haven’t had the courage…until now. It seems so perfect for fall because it gives off the idea of trekking through a muddy field, perhaps in search of that perfect pumpkin. Plus it seems like a great way to show off awesome boots when one doesn’t have a good pair of skinny jeans on hand. Thanks for the inspiration!

13. admin says:

Hey everyone, thanks for your sweet words! I have to say, this look has won me over.

Kendra, I think I’ll try it with wider cuffs next time around!

S

14. Nadine says:

I like the cuffs with boots – way better than cuffs WITHOUT boots, in my opinion. I also LOVE the shorts look, although I don’t have shorts-friendly legs. I haven’t tried it because I don’t own any shorts . . .

15. I’ve been wanting to do the shorts with tights & boots for SO long! I need to just buy a pair of shorts like that and give it a go, before it’s too cold to do! =)

16. jentine says:

I do this all the time and love it… then again, anything involving brown boots is an a-plus for me. I love the tough sensibility of those boots…
    Are there no thrift shops around you? You can send back extra stuff with visitors so you’ll still fit everything in your suitcase…

17. gina says:

I love the shorts and tights look, but don’t wear it very often.

Cuffed jeans with boots is a look that’s growing on me the more I see it. I think I have to get a bit more accustomed to it before I give it a try. The look is good on you and I love that it shows off more of your great boots!

18. spacegeek says:

As soon as I saw your picture I thought, “Oh, how cute!” And, “could I do that?” (Answer, yes, I think so!) Nice job!

19. Kelly says:

I’ve worn cropped black pants with boots, which isn’t so obvious because they are the same color, but I hadn’t thought of trying it like this; I think I might do so.

20. Karina says:

Cuffed pants over boots are a staple here in Moscow when the weather’s bad (very often). Keeps the bottom three inches of your pants clear of splashed mud and slush. Looks cute too.

21. Dottie says:

Looks great on you! I’ve never tried it, but maybe I will now. I have tried the shorts, tights, boots look and my husband snickered, so I changed. Sure, he may not “get” fashion but being laughed at is pretty bad :) Somehow my outfit did not come off as well as the magazine photo.

22. Kim says:

Dottie, my husband would laugh me out of the house if I tried that. He’s actually a very nice person but his idea of fashion is when everything fits and matches. Boys!
    This post gave me the courage to do the cuffed/boots thing – I’ll be doing it this Friday when it’s okay to be casual.

23. Matilde says:

I just bought a pair of short Frye dorado boots which I fell in love with thinking they would pair great with skinny jeans. But oddly, they don’t. I loved them so much I didn’t want to send them back so I tried every variation of pant, skirt, legging, dress to see what they looked good with, and finally stumbled on exactly the look you’ve got here, which I also love.

24. Hermelinda says:

When I originally commented I clicked the “Notify me when new comments are added” checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get four emails with the same comment.
    Is there any way you can remove me from that service? Thanks!

Here is my page: לקפוץ מעל לאתר זה (Hermelinda)

25. Chloe says:

Thanks for your marvelous posting! I genuinely enjoyed reading it, you will be a great
    author. I will be sure to bookmark your blog and definitely will come back at some point.
    I want to encourage yourself to continue your great job, have a nice
    afternoon!