25 October 2009 – Salzburg

October 27th, 2009 § 21 comments

25 October 2009 – Salzburg, originally uploaded by academichic.

All remixed:

(Technical Side Note: I will now only link back to how I’ve ‘remixed’ items since being abroad so that you (and I) can better get a sense of how I’m trying to stay creative with a more limited capsule wardrobe.)

Ahh…Salzburg. My favorite city in the world. This past Sunday I spent the day revisiting my most favorite place on earth (I spent two years studying there as an undergraduate and first year MA student) and remembering why I loved it so much. I think my NaNoWriMo novel is going to be set in Salzburg so that I can vicariously live through my protagonist and walk those streets daily.

Salzburg, originally uploaded by academichic.

Since there was going to be a lot of walking, I stuck to flat boots and comfortable jeans. I always love a good white button down and find it the easiest thing to throw on when inspiration for anything more exciting fails. A cardi and scarf finish the look and I’m all set. The same pink pashmina scarf that was my opera cover-up shrug on Saturday night, served me well as a cozy neck scarf for Sunday’s day trip. And, not to be left out, Taygee wore her own pink neck scarf. With matching pink scarves we roamed the pastel colored streets of my favorite city ever. Perfection. S.

25 October 2009 – Salzburg, originally uploaded by academichic.

Tagged , , , ,

§ 21 Responses to 25 October 2009 – Salzburg"

1. aj says:

I visited Salzburg for the first time in September and LOVED it!

2. Sally says:

You are radiant in that blue, S. Or maybe it’s just the glow of sauntering around your all-time favorite city!

3. the spanish lady says:

you look great S! and 100% European too!!

4. gina says:

You and your dog match! That’s adorable. Great photos. The city looks beautiful.

5. HistorySpice says:

You are making me miss the time that I spent abroad doing research for my dissertation. You look fabulous!

6. ShopKim says:

I LOVE the matching pink! You look gorgeous, but then again, you always do.

7. Jane says:

I have never been to Salzburg but it looks lovely. Good Luck with the novel.

8. Elena says:

I’ll admit that I was pretty touristy in Salzburg aka absolutely took the Sound of Music tour (you know, as it was my life’s mission to do so), but it was definitely a beyond beautiful city. Delicious food and beer, too. :) Hope you enjoy!

Love the outfit and it’s, per always, reminding me that I still want skinny jeans, despite all evidence that my body does not share this desire.

So cute with the matching scarves! Have fun in your fave city!

10. Luinae says:

The scenery is sooooooo beautiful!

11. Dawn says:

Salzburg & Vienna were the first cities I ever visited outside of Ireland so Austria has a very special place in my heart. Also, cute doggie!

12. admin says:

Thanks, everyone! I only spent Sunday there and then had to return to Munich, but it was wonderful revisiting all my favorite places.

The dog has also been my BFF lately, so I’m sad that my friends are returning and she’s going back to them (I was just dog-sitting).

S.

13. Megan says:

I’m spending the semester studying abroad in Rome and just visited Salzburg for the first time several weeks ago. It’s definitely one of my new favorite places. I already can’t wait to go back! :)

14. Nadine says:

I love the pink-blue-white combo! Just looking at these photos is making me want to burst into song: Doe, a deer, etc etc

15. Audi says:

Ah, I adore Salzburg! The last time I was there I saw a Mozart performance up at the fortress, and it was divine. Enjoy your stay there!

16. MissWiniW says:

Taygee = best accessory ever.

17. Isa says:

uuuuuuh, Salzburg! I love it, and since my hometown is just in the middle of the way between munich an S, you can imagine how often I visit Mozart-Rock-City! The only real bad thing is that it feels like it’s raining 250 days p year there…
    I’m looking forward to next friday at the exhibition!
    greetings Isa

18. admin says:

Isa, I know! It really does rain ALL THE TIME there and in spite of that, I still love it. So that’s saying quite a lot! Yes, see you next Friday! Looking forward to it too!

S

19. Rachel says:

I come to your blog for the fashion ideas. But, I am a thirtysomething who seriously considered pursuing a doctorate in German language after undergrad. I don’t at all regret the decisions I have made but am LOVING hearing a little about your adventures and thinking about what might have been!

20. admin says:

Thanks, Rachel, it’s great to have you here and I’m glad I can provide a glimpse into the fabulous and glamorous life of a German graduate student (please read that with lots of sarcasm) :)

Herzlich Willkommen!

S.

21. A.D says:

Oh, wow! I love your outfit. Also, I just finished reading a book about Mozart’s sister. Mozart was born in Salzburg and lived there when he was not out & about!