29 September 2009 – Two Dresses in Brasov

September 28th, 2009 § 16 comments

29 September 2009, originally uploaded by academichic.

All remixed:

Gray jersey dress – Target
Khaki shirt dress – Target
Yellow belt – J.Crew
Gray wedges – Report
Tan bag – Etienne Aigner
Beads – thrifted

I’m relatively new to this whole dress layering thing, but I’m catching on fast. Layering dresses is a great way to add warmth, length, or to simply remix your wardrobe in yet another creative way that makes you feel like you have far more clothes than you actually do.

Last Friday, I layered these two dresses for reasons One and Three named above. I joined my mom for a quick trip to Brasov, another near-by city that rocks, for her meeting with an old friend for coffee. Brasov has a very different feel (and look) from Sibiu and even the style on the streets seems more edgy and fashion-forward. I love spending a good hour sitting at a cafe in the main square watching people walk by and taking note of their outfits. I have a feeling that my own style will invariably change the longer I’m in Europe and under the influence of my surroundings here, and I will leave it up to you to discern the differences.

For now, while I may not have Sartorialist-like photos of the people of Brasov to share with you, I will leave you with a few shots of the city instead.  S.

Tagged , , ,

§ 16 Responses to 29 September 2009 – Two Dresses in Brasov"

What a gorgeous spot! Now I’m officially jealous!

2. Sal says:

I’ve got a dress layering tutorial coming up this week! Such a great way to get more mileage out of your dresses.

3. Alli says:

One of my favorite cities, and your dress layering looks great!

4. Kacie says:

I love that you are sharing some photos of your surroundings! The cities look absolutely beautiful and they’re perfect backdrops for your outfits!

5. Julia says:

Love this outfit and I LOVE your posts!!!

6. Becky says:

First, I have to write – I love your blog.

Your pictures from Romania are great! I’ve heard about all the cities you’ve been uploading pics of my entire life (my grandparents and mom are originally from Romania, and my grandparents always spend the summers there), and have always tought of them as “old”. It’s great to see them through your eyes!

7. SE says:

This makes me want to immediatly go to my closet and see if I can duplicate. Lovely!

Romania is gorgeous- these photos of the cities are inspiring some major wanderlust. Thank you so much for taking the time to post- this blog is one of the first ones I check each morning!

8. Maeghan says:

So beautiful! Your outfit, the scenery, the colors. Gorgeous. :)

9. admin says:

Thank you, all! I’m glad my pictures of Romania are so well received because I didn’t want to bore you with my touristy shots, but I was having a hard time not posting some of these. Romania is still fairly overlooked as a travel destination but has some amazing sights to offer.

Thank you for indulging me! S.

10. jentine says:

Super cute! I definately have to get on the layering dresses train…
    And the yellow belt is the perfect pop!

11. Susan says:

I love the way you have layered the two dresses. Your photos of Romania are wonderful. Keep them coming!

12. Nadine says:

I love seeing the Romania photos! Not only are they gorgeous pictures, but it’s a real treat to get some insight into your civilian life.

13. Kristen says:

Long-time reader, first time commenter! I haven’t been on your blog in a few days (due to traveling), but just had to say…I’ve been to both Sibiu and Brasov! I went there in 1998 and have longed to go back ever since. Thanks for bringing back some wonderful memories! Looking forward to more European updates!

14. Rose-Anne says:

I know this post is really old, but I just had to chime in to say that I love it, all of it: the dress layering, the gorgeous city, and especially that last picture of birds taking flight. Beautiful, S!

15. I’ve read a few excellent stuff here. Certainly price bookmarking for revisiting. I surprise how a lot effort you place to make this kind of magnificent informative web site.

16. felicitari says:

Thank you, I’ve recently been searching for information approximately this topic for a long time and yours is the best I have discovered till now. But, what concerning the bottom line? Are you positive in regards to the source?|What i do not understood is in fact how you’re not actually much more neatly-preferred than you might be right now. You are so intelligent.