26 September 2009

September 27th, 2009 § 11 comments

26 September 2009, originally uploaded by academichic.
  • Cardigan – Gap
  • Shorts – New York & Co
  • White Tee – H & M
  • Wedges – Gap Outlet
  • Headband – Limited

Yesterday, we got a small taste of Fall here at Academichic Central.  In the morning it was cool and sunny – perfect weather for meeting a friend for an outdoor coffee and bagel.  After breakfast, I headed to one of my favorite stores, Home Depot, where I perused the lumber and hardware isles and flipped through paint swatches dreaming up large-scale home renovation projects,  before settling on a few mums for the front porch. I managed to get stuck in a downpour on my way home, but eventually the sun came back out and I placed my new mums and enjoyed another warm drink on the front porch.

One of my favorite things about fall weather is the layering and mixing of items from the summer and winter wardrobe. I loved being able to wear these shorts (with their autumnal color palette) with a cozy cotton sweater.

I know this weather likely isn’t here to stay but it was nice weekend treat!  A.

Pattern Mixing, originally uploaded by academichic.

Tagged , , , , , ,

§ 11 Responses to 26 September 2009"

1. Luinae says:

That cardigan looks so soft.

2. Dawn says:

Cute outfit! Did you do something different with your hair?

Also, I love hardware stores! I went wandering around a random one yesterday owned by two old men who kept asking each other what a woman was doing in there… Looking for wood varnish, sillies!

3. Dottie says:

Lovely fall outfit!

4. Nadine says:

Fantastic use of soft colour, and I LOVE the shorts.

5. [...] – Forever 21 Endnotes: Saturday’s weather didn’t last long and it was back to almost 80 degrees here yesterday.  I didn’t mind [...]

6. Zoey Diaz says:

Home renovation is sometimes very expensive but it is worth the expense to beautify your home.;*;

7. Cole Powell says:

this year we had a home renovation. sometimes home renovation is quite costly.~:`

8. Erin Turner says:

home renovation these days are quite expensive due to the rise in material cost~”,

9. we always do home renovation at least once a year so that we are always updated with new designs*”-

10. when we do our home renovation, we always look for new home styles and designs on the internet for some great ideas :*:

11. Paxil. says:

Paxil cr….

Paxil. St louis paxil lawyers….