25 September 2009

September 25th, 2009 § 7 comments

25 September 2009, originally uploaded by academichic.

• Yellow cardi: Ann Taylor Outlet
  • Belt: Target
  • Gray bermudas: thrifted, chopped by me
  • Brown wedges: thrifted
  • Leaf pendant: Polli, gift from my husband

Oh yes. It’s more grellow.

Maybe it’s because we’re still waiting for fall to really arrive, but I have recently developed a full-blown obsession with jewelry inspired by leaves and trees. I love this Polli leaf pendant that my husband gave me as a Mother’s Day gift, but now I’m craving more.

Polli Leaf Necklace, originally uploaded by academichic.

I wonder if the little jewelry and stationary boutique down the street carries these Polli designs I’m currently drooling over: the “Lady Beetle Necklace” or the simple “Succulents” earrings.

Or if I can ever decide which one of these Etsy sellers’ designs I want to make my own:

Necklace 1

The minimalist Silky Catkins from District Thirty?

Necklace 2

The Bare Necklace from BeauandStella?

Necklace 3

This really breathtaking Japanese Maple pendant from Lauralidesigns?

Necklace 4

Or this photo-on-glass pendant of birds in trees from Photoglassworks?

Do you find your accessories to be seasonally inspired? In motif? In material? In color? And, just so we’re clear here, I’m not talking about pumpkin brooches and Santa Clause necklaces.

Tagged

§ 7 Responses to 25 September 2009"

1. Sal says:

Hahaha. I think I end up wearing heavier jewelry in the colder months … but other than that, I don’t think my accessories are seasonally influenced. Not much anyway.

2. mamichan says:

omg. i love the first two necklaces. thanks for linking to those etsy shops!

3. Elena says:

Ooh. The bare necklace is calling to me!

I really love the bright yellow cardigan! And I’m totally knee-deep in fall/winter necklaces right now, so I love your inspiration pics!

5. Luinae says:

The first thing I though when I saw the photo was Grellow!

My jewelry is not really seasonally influenced- maybe a little because my wardrobe changes but I wear it all year round!

6. Mojca says:

First of all, compliments on your great blog! Your leaf necklace is absolutely gorgoeus. To answer your question, I do feel that my jewellery changes with the seasons. Last spring I was madly in love with my Fuchsia Flower Fairy Charm bracelet from etsy (http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction.php?transaction_id=16256551)and I wore it well into the summer. In the autumn and winter months I prefer a more ‘autumnal’ themes, though, and last year I found another really gorgeous charm bracelet (I love charm bracelets!) by Dorothy Perkins, which was sold for the profits of the Woodland Trust Charity. It’s copper with lots of lovely leaf charms (very authentically looking), acorns etc. Also, autumn and winter see me wearing my felt bead necklaces more often, as I feel that they are ‘too warm’ to be worn in summertime.
    If you are interested in my personal style, please feel free to visit my blog I’ve just started!

ttp://angelsandblossoms.blogspot.com/

7. [...] E. and Tania, I have a love of “grellow” (and even “grellowvy”!) as a color [...]