- Floral Print Halter Dress- Old Navy
- Black Halter Top – Old Navy
- Brown Belt – BR Outlet
- Brown Wedges – Kenneth Cole, via DSW
- Wooden Earnings – New York and Company
- Wooden Beads – Hawaii Souvenir
- Wooden Bangles – Gift from S.
- Woven Clutch – Eddie Bauer
- Flower Pin – Blue Onion Marketplace
Last night, A2 and I attended a luau-themed wedding shower. When I heard we were expected to dress for a luau, I immediately rolled my eyes, but then I remembered this dress and actually had some fun building this chic luau ensemble.
I have worn this dress before with the black halter and with black accessories (earrings, belt, shoes, and clutch), but this time I decided to work with the mix of black, cream and tan in the floral print and add brown accessories. I think nothing says island like wooden jewelry, and in fact the necklace came from a trip to Hawaii several years ago.
I think the woven clutch also has a bit of an island feel, but since I used it to create a safari look not long ago, I decided to add my Blue Onion Marketplace flower pin to make it feel more luau appropriate. I wasn’t sure how this idea would transfer form over-sized woven tote to small woven clutch, but I actually loved the end result and am glad to have found yet another way to use these great flower pins.