28 July 2009

July 28th, 2009 § 10 comments

28 July 2009, originally uploaded by academichic.

• Polo – J Crew
  • Denim Pencil Skirt – Gap, endlessly remixed
  • Pink Tank – Gap
  • Green Flats – Banana Republic, remixed almost as much as the skirt
  • Bracelet – Faces Green Necklace

When I sported a white polo for a little golf outing a few weeks back,  reader Jessica asked how I might style a polo off the course.  Well, here you have it.   This J Crew polo is much softer than the average polo and feels more like a worn-in tee-shirt.  I love the detail of the little pocket and extra buttons.  I also love the color of this top – a pinky peachy almost coral.  I think on the color wheel, it falls closest to pink (a shade of red) thus making its compliment green.

Red(ish) and Green, originally uploaded by academichic.

I wore a similar outfit when we explored complimentary colors back in February. Using the same necklace as my pop of green, this time I have wrapped it around my wrist several times to create an oversized bracelet.   I loved S.’s big blocks of bright color yesterday and promise to give that approach a try at some point this week, but for now am easing into color mixing by grounding my look with a neutral base in the denim skirt.

Tagged , , , , , , , ,

§ 10 Responses to 28 July 2009"

1. Anna says:

Lately I’ve been wearing a lot of green and coral-ish too. It’s such a fresh summery combo.

Love the wrapped-up bracelet!

3. Great denim skirt! and I love your wrapped bracelet too!!

4. Jessica says:

I love that pink polo on you. I also love how you paired it with green. I love love LOVE that beaded bracelet! Such a pretty color combination!

xo,
    Jessica

5. Little Red says:

I love the touch of green in this look! And the pink top looks great on you!

6. Kimberly says:

Love the pop of green necklace/bracelet with the pink!

7. Sal says:

I adore pink and green together, but always fear looking a bit too Lily Pulitzer. LOVE how you’ve paired them here!

8. Anna says:

Cute outfit, I really love that green necklace and it looks lovely with the pink. I always have a hard time wearing polos too, I’ve finally discovered I like how they look when I mix them in with more “edgy” clothing, like a ragged edged denim mini and converse sneakers or flip flops.

9. Dawn says:

Oooh I love your outfit, especially your green bracelet! So pretty!

10. Jessica says:

Thanks for answering my question!