23 July 2009 – Twins ;)

July 26th, 2009 § 9 comments

23 July 2009 – Twins ;), originally uploaded by academichic.

On A.P.:

• Dress – thrifted
  • Red belt – thrifted
  • Sandals – thrifted
On S:
  • Black cardi – BR
  • Rose lace cami – hand me down from A.P.
  • Jean skirt – STR jeans, borrowed from A.P.
  • Sandals – Target, remixed

Last week I got to visit one of my closest friends, A.P. We did our Masters together and during that time we were known as the good twin and the evil twin. As you can tell from our picture, we’re clearly not twins of the biological variety, but we sure are soul twins. We have the same sense of humor, we love to travel, we both love chocolate and wine, and we both share a passion for style and thrift shopping. So when the opportunity presented itself for me to visit A.P., I was thrilled to get to see her and to inevitably raid her closet.

Which proved pretty fruitful, since she decided to let me inherit this pretty, rose-colored lace top. I layered it under my new cardigan from Banana Republic, which has almost as crazy of a cut as the Anthropologie Possibilities cardi we got to try out a while ago. Like the Anthro cardi, this item will lend itself to various stylings and I’m excited to experiment with it more. For now, I went casual and tied it at the waist.

Meanwhile, A.P. looked very stylish in her 50s inspired thrifted dress. The red belt added a punch of color, while the stappy flat sandals kept it casual and practical for chasing around a two year old!
I’ve always admired A.P.’s style but it’s even more impressive to see her look this chic and pulled together when she has a toddler on her hands! Seeing A.P. and our own E. navigate motherhood while retaining their pre-mommy sense of style has really inspired me to try the same once I’m there. S.

Tagged , , , ,

§ 9 Responses to 23 July 2009 – Twins ;)"

1. Anna says:

All THREE of you look fabulous! And what a lovely location for a photo shoot, wherever you are is very beautiful.

2. Jane says:

I agree – all three of you look great. I love keeping up with my friends from university. There were three of us, me, Helen and Jules.
    We graduated in 1988. I was the first to have children.
    Helen has a daughter aged four and Jules married a rock star and now has two boys aged two and five.
    Jules is godmother to my soon to be 18-year-old.

3. Sal says:

You’re both just lovely. But do tell: Which is the evil twin? ;)

4. Little Red says:

Fabulous looks!
    I’m especially loving the red belt with the dress!

5. penny says:

You both look so stylish!I adore your friends dress!

6. admin says:

Thanks, all!

Sal – do I really look like the evil twin to you? ;)

7. Sara says:

That vintage dress is perfect – I love the bright red belt with it! And that cami is gorgeous! The rose color is so pretty on you. Great photos!

8. Diana says:

Love both outfits! I bet that cardigan will be a lot of fun.

9. [...] more consideration. This outfit began with this bright green puffy-sleeved tunic that I thrifted while visiting my friend A.P. recently. We managed to squeeze in a bit of thrift store shopping as a nod to our olden days [...]