29 June 2009

June 29th, 2009 § 13 comments

29 June 2009, originally uploaded by academichic.

All remixed.

Today’s outfit isn’t all that interesting, minus the fact that this shirt has been an amazing grow-as-I-go piece. It started out blousey and now it’s a snug bump hugger.

29 June 2009, originally uploaded by academichic.

Perhaps it’s appropriate to pull it out today as I have officially reached the point in the pregnancy where I could give birth any day now…or I could hold out for another four weeks. It’s a strange in-between stage to be in and it lends itself to both working on projects I wasn’t sure if I would get around to and just trying to relax and rest a little more before baby e. shakes up our life in a wonderful way.

I’m realizing just what a concerted effort it will take to feel good about my appearance for the remaining weeks. My face has started to swell, I’m on the verge of needing a haircut, as the baby drops some of my maternity clothes don’t fit in quite the same way…and I think that’s where the psychology of style will have to come into play. So don’t be surprised if you see me wearing my favorite colors over and over again in these next few weeks or if certain key pieces make repeat appearances. As much as being creative with my clothes makes me feel confident, I think that sometimes the old favorites — the pieces that you know work — can be a powerful booster too.

Do you have a particular outfit that is a guaranteed confidence-booster? Or are you more likely to get your style high from putting together something completely new?

While you think about that, excuse me while I go chug another quart of water to help with this bloat!

Tagged , , , ,

§ 13 Responses to 29 June 2009"

1. by the way you look real nice with your pregnancy, the colour mustard is bright and not common yet common. is one of my favorite colours. thanks from miraclebabyblog.com

2. Doctoressa says:

Love the yellow and blue together! Looks like the water is doing wonders – you look fabulously unbloated.
    I recall in this “home stretch” of pregnancy relying on just a few favorite cool printed tops and big earrings to feel like myself. It’s tough, though! I also spent a lot of time swimming – despite the lifeguards worried looks – it was a great way to cool off and to feel a little less ponderous.
    Best of luck!

3. ShopKim says:

I remember that stage where you’re just caught between wanting to get some soon-to-be-gone down time or soon-to-be-covted time to get things done. Since it could be any time, I would try and do a little of both every day or at least every other day. As for the bloat, I don’t see it at all. You look great!

4. Sal says:

I can’t believe it’s almost baby time! You really have had the most amazingly chic pregnancy, E.

5. Anna says:

I must say, I don’t think you look bloated at all, and I even compared today’s pic to the linked one of the shirt :) That is a lovely color combination, with the mustard and navy!

You’re glowing! (How many times have you heard THAT one?!?) But seriously, you look lovely. I adore the versatility and color of that top!

7. I love the way you’ve made pregnancy look chic, seriously! I think most women think “there’s no way I could try to look cute when eight months preggers, but really jeans/sweats and tshirts are all I have energy for.” I’m so impressed!

PS- I’m needing hairstyle advice over here! Comments appreciated!

8. piglet says:

Oh my gosh you must be so excited!
    I think you’ve done so well for creating so many interesting outfits while being limited with a baby belly!
    I’m sure you’ll be forgiven for leaning on old favourites.

9. Kari says:

You look so striking in that first picture.

That’s awesome that the shirt is flattering without a bump, but stretches to accomodate the bump in a stylish way too.

10. angie says:

Snug or blousy, you look fantastic in this banded top and beautiful pregnant!

11. Diana says:

For being ready to pop at any minute, you look absolutely wonderful! I love that mustard top.

For me, my go-to outfits usually tend to be jersey dresses, as they are equal parts comfortable and flattering.

12. stylefyles says:

Amazing on the shirt. I think I have the same one from F21 (if not…..very similar). Thanks for including a link to the original pic- how fun!