25 June 2009

June 25th, 2009 § 6 comments

25 June 2009, originally uploaded by academichic.

All remixed

As E. mentioned, today we had a meeting on campus with an editor.  I too have been mostly working form home or coffee shops since finishing teaching, so have enjoyed my share of jersey and denim!  It was nice to pull out some more professional pieces this morning.

Like I mentioned yesterday, I am trying out some creative remixing to make my summer wardrobe a little more interesting to myself.  This pink top is actually one of the items  I borrowed from E.’s pre-pregnancy wardrobe.  I figured I better get another use out of it while I still have time.  I have a feeling she will be wanting it back soon!

I wasn’t crazy about the way the cut looked on me when I wore it as intended, but love the color and fabric.  I put a structured blazer over it to create a waist and contain all the ruffles and, inspired by E., I wore it backwards to show off the little buttons.

Detail, originally uploaded by academichic.

Tagged , , , , ,

§ 6 Responses to 25 June 2009"

1. Megan says:

I love the short-sleeved blazer. Now I’m in search of one for myself.

2. Sal says:

Love the way the two sets of buttons play off one another.

3. Lydia says:

I love this look! It’s a great, form-fitting, flattering look on you! :)

4. ShopKim says:

I like how wearing it backwards and with the jacket makes it a whole new shirt. It’s a great idea to extend the life on something.

5. Anna says:

Very cute, love the buttons! You have such a great hourglass shape in this outfit, your waist looks so tiny!

6. Winona says:

I love that professional, structured look. But yeah, you’ll often find me in coffeeshops wearing slouchy dresses stained with green tea.