- Green Halter Dress – J Crew
- Orange Halter Top – BR Outlet, borrowed from S.
- Brown Sandals – Steve Madden
- Earrings – F21
- Purple Maxi Dress – F21
- Wooden Necklace – Don’t recall
- “Slippers” – Cobian, purchased at Hawaiian Island Creations
- Dress – Anthropologie, on loan from weardrobe closet!
- Pink floral scarf – J.Crew
- Yellow shoes – Gianni Bini
- Silver flower earrings – Big Lots
- Hair flowers – Claire’s
Happy Baby Shower, E. and N.!
To read more about how we did it, click through the jump!
The first thing we chose were our invitations. Unhappy with the selection of baby shower specific invitations, we went to one of E’s favorite stores instead, Anthropologie, and picked up these blank note cards, featuring an aesthetic we associate with E:
We also loved that these notecards came with a set of corresponding sticky-notes, which we used for both decorating and for guests to leave advice and well-wishes for the parents-to-be:
From these invitations, we pulled out our color scheme for the party, one of E’s favorite combinations: turquoise and mustard yellow. We then chose paper products in these colors and then used a variety of bright colors in the rest of our decorations:
Instead of balloons and streamers, we used an abundance of fresh flowers and these playful paper flowers (see how to make these yourself):
For our menu, we planned appetizers, a main course, desserts, and drinks.
- a selection of cheeses and crackers
- A’s homemade guacamole, salsa, and tortilla chips
- hummus and pita chips
- salted chocolate covered almonds (a favorite to all of us!)
- summer corn salad and fresh mozzarella dish
- tofu, vegetable, shrimp, and chicken skewers
It’s essential for any BBQ to enlist a grill master, who will prepare these items to perfection. Luckily, A2, A’s girlfriend and good friend to E. and N., willingly obliged:
- beer and wine
- Champagne Punch (non-alcoholic, aka “preggers”, and spiked)
- strawberry and brownie skewers (we put these out with the appetizers)
- ice cream cupcakes
Good luck, E. and N., as you get ready for the arrival of your little one! A & S.