13 May 2009

May 13th, 2009 § 14 comments

13 May 2009, originally uploaded by academichic.

• Purple Cardigan – Gap Outlet, remixed
  • Skirt – Anthropologie, remixed
  • Brown Tee – H & M, remixed
  • Brown Sandals – Steve Madden
  • Brown Woven Belt – F21, remixed
  • Amber Jewelry – gifts

This outfit is very much inspired by the lovely Bella over on w-r who sported two great purple and brown combos this week!

I think of both purple and brown, and especially as a pair, as more fall colors but loved seeing Bella rock the color combo with walking shorts on a sunny day by the water. I’ve gone with a lightweight skirt, heeled sandals, and a woven belt to keep this look springy and fresh.

I am quite happy to have a belt back too, so I thought I would share one of my belt tricks with you. With this woven belt, I use a brown bobby pin to secure the hanging excess to the bottom layer of belt. It holds quite well on this light weight woven material and helps create a less bulky look than just tucking the end in, as I often do.

Yay for Belts!, originally uploaded by academichic.

Tagged , ,

§ 14 Responses to 13 May 2009"

1. Richard says:

This is a nice look for you, but then I’ve yet to see one that wasn’t.

Let me apologize beforehand for this…but…wouldn’t you know it’d be a guy who’d catch this..uh..you might want to check what kind of pin it is you use on your belt.

Richard

2. admin says:

Ha, ha! Thanks Richard!

You look great here…and I think purple and brown can be very springy! I especially love the rich color of your cardigan.

4. Kaylyn says:

What a great cardi! The rich color is so nice. And thanks for sharing the belt trick!

5. Sal says:

Is there a bobby pin joke I’m missing? I do the same thing with my woven belts!

6. admin says:

Sal – I misspelled bobby pin but have since edited it – use your imagination! :)

7. Kimberly says:

Good idea with the bobby pin. I sometimes use clear hair elastics too for belts that are a bit too long.

Great color combo and I agree, Bella comes up with some great ones!

8. Trisha says:

Great color combination. Love the outfit and thanks for the tip. Most of my belted looks are with belts that are way too long.

9. Diana says:

I love your trick with the woven belt and bobby pin. I like this color combo too.

10. Jane says:

Great colour on you and the neckline is perfect.

11. Workchic says:

Great tip about the belt. I am definitely going to try it. Love the Purple and Brown color combo!

12. Mervat says:

These colours are gorgeous. Perfect for Autumn down uner ;)

13. Mervat says:

Sorry, I meant down under!

14. [...] bit bulky or messy, respectively, something I did not want for this look. Today I pulled out one of my favorite tricks – I used a brown bobby pin to hold the loose end flat against my body. This only works for [...]